Tuesday, November 18, 2008

And Finally, My Response...

It has been a long time since I have posted. The election has come and gone with some triumphant victories and some sad disappointments. The election of Barack Obama is quite historic and I was excited to be a part of his campaign. I have a feeling that this one will be different.

Proposition 4 did not pass and I was thankful. I was also happy about Proposition 2, but extremely dissappointed in regards to Proposition 8. That was a sad moment but I am happy to see that people of the gay and lesbian community are being proactive. I hope many people have learned a lot throughout this campaign and it is my hope that I have helped open the eyes and hearts of many to be open and tolerant individuals. I put fliers on cars, I attended the rallies and most of all I talked WITH people. I listened. Listen to their voices and hear their plea.

But if by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people -- their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights, and their civil liberties -- someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is
what they mean by a "Liberal," then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal."

-President John F. Kennedy, September 14, 1960

No comments: